Are you ready to embrace a unique challenge that not only transforms your physical fitness but also contributes to a noble cause? Look no further! Our White Collar Camp is gearing up for an extraordinary journey, and we invite you to be a part of it.
This is your chance to lace up the gloves and step into the world of white-collar boxing. The 10-week intensive training program will not only peak your fitness but instill discipline, focus, and resilience. The culmination of your hard work will be show cased on the 15th of June, 2024, when you step into the ring for an unforgettable experience.
Our coaches will teach you the sweet science from footwork to ring craft over 10 weeks from the week commencing April 8th, 2024. Boxers can choose from representing and training with the teams at Camden, Bermondsey and Kensington Boxing Clubs with the following schedules:
Camden: Thursday 7:30pm and Saturday 9am
Bermondsey: Tuesday 6:30pm and Saturday 9am
Kensington: Tuesday 7:30pm and Thursday 6:30pm
Boxers are welcome to attend an extra session a week for £10 and bolster their training further with our open classes and sparring sessions through out the camp. Matching will be done throughout the camp with club Head Coaches taking into account the weight, experience and skill of each boxer.
Boxers will attend a ‘Weigh in’ the night before Fight Night to check they are within the range of their agreed fighting weight and receive their club boxing kit. This will also serve as an opportunity for pre-fight interviews, weigh in photos and ‘Hero’ shots to be taken by a professional photographer.
The main event billed ‘Carnage in Camden’ will be held at Camden Boxing Club with our purpose built viewing platform and seating area, competition 20ft ring and licensed bar. The night promises to be one to remember.
The Fight Night will raise funds for our award-winning non-profit arms Rathbone ABC and Hawley ABC, two Amateur Boxing Clubs dedicated to making a positive impact on the community. Both are affiliated with England Boxing.
These clubs provide outreach sessions for marginalised groups such as disabled individuals, Parkinson's sufferers, and women and girls. Your participation directly supports programs that bring the benefits of boxing to those who might not have access otherwise.
Rathbone ABC and Hawley ABC also have competitive squads, giving local young people the chance to compete under England Boxing rules in Olympic-style boxing. Your involvement will help create opportunities for aspiring boxers to hone their skills and compete on a larger stage. You can read about some of their good work here:
By taking part, you also have the opportunity to raise funds for your chosen charity (beyond the £625 requirement). Whether it's a cause that has touched your life or a charity you're deeply passionate about, this is your chance to make a meaningful impact beyond the boxing ring.
Whether this is your first foray into competitive boxing or a return to the ring, the benefits of stepping through the ropes include:
1. Physical Fitness: White collar boxing is a full-body workout that improves cardiovascular health, strength, and agility. Burn calories, build muscle, and boost your overall fitness levels in a dynamic and engaging way.
2. Mental Toughness: Boxing requires mental fortitude. Training teaches you to stay calm under pressure, make quick decisions, and persevere through challenges. Enhance your mental resilience and carry these skills into your personal and professional life.
3. Skill Development: Learn the art of boxing from experienced coaches who will guide you through proper technique, footwork, and defensive strategies. Acquire a new skill set that you can carry with pride beyond the ring.
4. Camaraderie: Join a community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for fitness, challenge, and philanthropy. Forge lasting friendships as you train and bond over this unique experience.
5. Lasting memories: Fight Night will be documented with highlights shared on our socials, however all boxers will receive free professional photos of their fights and ‘Hero’ portraits taken at the weigh in.
We have three info sessions including Q&A’s with the coaches:
March 20th 8pm in person at Camden Boxing Club
March 27th online at 6pm
April 8th online at 7pm